A fresh, fragrant and flavoursome salmon dish perfect for summer evenings. This meal paired with a salad is perfect for those hot days or for the more autumnal months pair with some roasted vegetables. The Blueberry & Apple compote is great for all year round, this meal can be served hot or cold.
Orange Herb Crusted Salmon
Cooking function: Hot air grilling 180C, added medium steam, and probe at 58C
Prep time: 15 minutes
Crust: 100g breadcrumbs
Juice & rind of 1 orange
Bunch of herbs, chopped [eg. parsley, sage, mint, chives, rosemary]
Salt & Pepper
Side of salmon
1. In a bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, chopped herbs, seasonings and rind of an orange.
2. Place salmon on to a greaseproof paper onto an a universal tray.
3. Cover the salmon with the orange herb breadcrumb mix and gently press down.
4. Place in the oven and set hot air grilling 180C, added medium steam and probe at 58C [ This allows the salmon to reach 62C with residual heat, so not overcooked].
5. Press start.
***If you have not got a probe, cook for the recommended time for the size of salmon.
Note: The core temperature can be monitored by pressing the i [info] button.
Blueberry & Apple compote
Cooking function: Full steam 100C for 8-10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
4 Braeburn apples, peeled, cored, and sliced.
500g caster sugar.
2-3 tbsp crème de Cassis
Juice of half a lemon
1. Place all the ingredients in a solid steam container and stir gently to combine.
2. Put the container in the oven and steam at 100C for 8-10 minutes. The fruit will be cooked but still retain its shape and vibrant colour. Serve warm or chilled.
Serve with vanilla mascarpone cream or clotted cream.
***For vanilla cream, mix together 250g tub of mascarpone with 242ml of double cream with 1 tsp of vanilla essence.